12/2/08

File under creepy: Tom Jones vs. Cerys Matthews

Now, Tom Jones was dead sexy in his prime (I mean, look at that 'Best Of' cover ladies: if he wants to break you off, he's gonna break you off) Even if his Travolta-style revival after The Full Monty soundtrack hadn't elevated him to that rare status of ironic icon, he woulda STILL been legendary because of 'Delilah.' And if we hadn't gotten the later years, we woulda totally missed out on 'Sex Bomb!'

VS.

But this version of Baby, It's Cold Outside with forgettable Welsh post-hottie Cerys Matthews is unforgiveable...



And frankly, this video version with it's mixed symbols, which, um, takes place in the...uh...yeah I guess that's the fiery pit of Hell...



...and seems to cast Jones as the, um, Prince of Darkness...and Matthews as a... caged virgin turned succubus...with a REALLLY clever plot twist at the end! (doubt you'll make it that far - I forced myself for research purposes)

Screw this, let's just remember the good ole days!

1 comment:

Philosophistry said...

Wow, this song creeps me out now. I'll smirk when hearing this this winter