11/30/08

The Premise

I was recently treated to a day-after-Turkey-Day car ride where the Christmas tunes were already jinglin'.

The tune that stuck with me on that car ride to the Christmas tree farm (I roll with some hardcore Xmas-lovers) was this odd little nugget of a duet called Baby, it's Cold Outside.

This song seems to get dragged out every few years, often with middling to poor results.

Coincidentally, a friend mentioned a particularly pungent rendition by James Taylor and Natalie Cole on her blog.

VS.

Since this bizarre song scratched at my consciousness twice in two days, I couldn't help but ask the question: Who hacked out the very WORST rendition of Baby, It's Cold Outside?



(Two caveats: 1. This Youtube version is one of those photo montages made by a die-hard fan, but the song is all there. 2. Of particular creepiness is the way they treat the seduction dialog that starts at 3:31 - don't miss James Taylor trying his darndest to cash the check with Natalie - but she just ain't havin it! Actually 3 caveats: 3. If this is you're favorite song, I'm so so sorry for what I'm about to do to it.)

1 comment:

polly conway said...

I AM SO GLAD YOU DID THIS. I will be listening to each and every version to make sure my vote is correct. Oh my god, I'm so happy!